Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Here We Go

Just got back from our Africa mission trip gold party.  We made almost $500 in donations and money from the buyers.  Everyone who sold gold was very surprised at the price paid by the buyers.  We got commission for every gram bought.  We also should get more from a seller who is planning a party.  Not bad for a Sunday afternoon.  Please continue to pray for our group, visit our blog often and if possible consider supporting our mission financially.  

Watching some UNC basketball (vs. Oklahoma).  I have to pull for the ACC, even if I am not the biggest UNC fan in the world.  Should be a great game.  Very windy today, at least the rain has stopped.  I think we got almost 3 inches since Tuesday, which is very welcomed considering our extreme drought.  The lakes and creeks still need more.  There is rain in the forecast for the week; but, for now it's nice and sunny with the wind drying everything that was a little soggy. 

Speaking of soggy, that drive home from Boone on Thursday was another difficult drive.  Driving on 321 to and from Boone is never easy (lots of curves on the side of the mountain) but throw in some seriously thick FOG and major construction and I can tell you that my travel pay was not nearly enough this week.  Promise you that.  On the travel note, I take off for a site near Dayton, Ohio on Tuesday (out of Charlotte).  Luckily, business is staying steady and we are gaining new sites, always nice for the bonus.  We have our biggest trade shows in the next 2 months (HIMSS in Chicago and MUSE in Vancouver, B.C.)  that usually means a lot of extra work for us in terms of data and testing during the shows and for leads and new customers.  I am the monkey behind the curtain back home during the shows, which is fine with me.  These conferences are designed for the marketing folks, I prefer the support and implementation approach.  So far, things are holding steady for our applications and we are hopefully regarding the stimulus money for healthcare IT.  

My trip to South Dakota will be 22Apr to 25Apr.  That should be interesting.  Haven't been to Sioux Falls since my 1996 trip from Tacoma to Portland, Maine with my buddy Matt Joy.  
Matt and his wife sent us a beautiful coconut/sea shell wind chime from Thailand this week.  We hung it in our bathroom above the bathtub.  Looks great.  Thanks Matt!  Matt and Marcia were the couple I gave me the Germany/Amsterdam tour back in 2007.  

My Allman Brothers moogis run is now complete.  It was a great time and I really enjoyed the ability to hang out at home watching one of my favorite bands celebrate their 40 years of making music.  The line-up now continues to create some magic on stage and pays homage to the legacy they have established.  I am also happy to know that I  can watch these shows any time I want during the next 6 months.  I have recorded some of the audio to listen again on my car stereo and so far the results have been really good.  It will take a little time to record the shows I want; but, I have 6 months!!!! Yahooo!!!!

Well, that's the weekend update.  Hope you have a great week!  Enjoy the spring and take time to remember that every moment is precious and we should never take it for granted.  As we get closer to Easter, that thought stays with me.  We are blessed and we have been given new life through the sacrifice of the Savior.  We need to tell God we are thankful for that ultimate love too.  Do it today!

See ya!

No comments: