Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Night 3 and Oh Well

Watching my 3rd Allman Brothers Band concert of the week and sitting right here in my office.  This Moogis thing is the real deal.  It's almost better than front row seats (no smoke and drunks to deal with either and that's an important thing these daze...).  So far, great playing from the band and Gregg sounds fantastic.  Lots of guests, sitting here watching the legendary Buddy Guy tear it up with them right now.  In the first two nights the guests were Los Lobos (Cesar and David), Levon Helm (The Band) and Taj Mahal and look out, here's Trey and Paige from PHiSH walking on the stage right now.  Gotta watch this, be right back...

Wow!  That was cool. They ripped into Southbound with Buddy and Trey and Paige.  Lots of jam on that one!  I still can't believe how good the video quality and audio quality is for this online venue. Seriously, Tricia even commented on how good the video looks for online video.  It's just as good as TV quality and the sound on my 5.1 speaker setup is good but I will be on headphones for the 2nd set as the boys have hit the hay.

Speaking of hitting the hay and the boys.  While Tricia and I were at Lifegroup last night, Miles and Dylan got into a wrestling match and one thing lead to another and Miles ended up sitting on Dylan's face (or so the story goes) and giving him a nice bloody nose.  I think the Wii will have a nice week off and Miles has about 100 sentences to write this week. It's not like we have never mentioned "no wrestling" when we are gone.  Poor Gracie felt so bad about it. But, she gets another chance tomorrow night as Tricia and I are heading to a friends to help celebrate a birthday and have a fun game night with Mia and Scott and friends from Freedom.

Some good news on the Africa trip, I got a scholarship from the South Carolina Baptist convention that covers almost 20% of my trip.  Thank you God!  That will come in handy and at the right time.  Others are also helping out!  Thank you sister Amy!  Working on Krispy Kreme and Pizza Inn fundraisers here too.  Still have lots to do and the price of the flight is still hovering above $2000 right now.  Keep us on the prayer list!

The "Oh Well" in my subject title?  Seems the Clemson Tigers have completely run out of gas for the basketball season.  The last place Ga Tech Yellow Jackets booted them from the ACC tourney in the first round today.  Not a pretty sight as the team looked totally exhausted.  I'm not sure how well we will fair in the NCAA, if we get selected.  We have been on a slide since that loss to VA back in February.  I'm sure UNC will take the ACC again this year...

On the work front, looks like I am heading to Sioux Falls, South Dakota in April and I have another new contract in Ohio that was signed this week, near Dayton.  Full speed ahead at work and that is a good thing, considering the state of the economy.  But, I do see signs that some hospitals are starting to end their spending freezes and more contracts are coming in this month than the last 3 months combined.  Keep on moving!

Well, I gotta get ready for the 2nd set and for my men's group Bible study in the morning before the 2nd set starts.  We are finishing Job this week and I want to be prepared.  Have a great weekend!  Hope this chilly weather moves on out soon, Dylan had a very chilly baseball practice tonight.  Brrrr....

See ya!

No comments: