Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Random Ramblings

Sitting here watching the Tigers play Michigan.  Not sure what to think right now.  Looks like the Tigers are again playing under what they are capable.  I see some sloppy ball handling, poor shooting and lazy set-ups.  Coach P just called a timeout.  Hopefully, he can get them back in the game.  

Got another Allman Brothers Band show tonight.  I guess I will be watching basketball on 1 screen and the concert on the other.  Should be fun.

Found some MUSC friends on Facebook this week.  Nice to catch up with professors and others who were in my MHA program.    

Dylan had his first scrimmage for baseball today and the opportunity to try his new cleats. Unfortunately, the game/practice was canceled.  I guess we will wait for Saturday.  Also hope to have some friends over on Saturday to watch the ABB concert and share a dinner.

Working on Africa fundraisers this week, including the Gold Party.  This is a neat idea that allows folks to sell their old gold for cash and we earn money by them showing up and selling.  Hope it works!  But, I am confident God will make this trip work for all of us.  He has a plan and it will happen.

Watched NBC Nightly News tonight.  Is there a limit to how many drug commercials you can show in 30 minutes?  Do you need to have an over active bladder with rheumatoid arthritis  and enlarged prostate to go with your high cholesterol to watch network news?

Got the new Internet Explorer 8.0 today.  Not bad and I found it far more stable than Firefox lately as it's been crashing way too often.  I try to use Google's Chrome for most non-work stuff when working (to keep things separate).  I like IE 8 so far and I have been using the beta version for a month or so.  The official release came out today.  Check it out.

Looking forward to hopefully getting time and resources to build the rose bed this weekend.  Talked with some friends in our lifegroup and they like to build them with cinder blocks.  Makes sense to me and prevents the chemicals leaching into the soil from the usual railroad ties or treated lumber.  Plus, the cement blocks don't rot.  I can also decorate with sandstone rocks or some paint.  Much cheaper for supplies too!

Still having pain in my left shoulder that has bothered me since a crash on the ski slope in January.  I think I need to tell the doctor next week when I go see him.  It really only hurts when I left my arm to the side (like checking the mail or using an ATM).  It wakes me at night sometimes too.  Not good, I know...

I am probably going to Jefferson, NC next week for a quick 1 day consultation for a site that is a beta site for one of our handheld applications.  Going to Sidney, Ohio the first week of April and then off to South Dakota at the end of April. Looks like a busy month just around the corner.  

No credit card use other than my prescriptions in almost 3 weeks.  So far, so good!  

See ya!

No comments: