Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sidney, Ohio


Working in Sidney, Ohio at Wilson Memorial training.  I will be here until Friday morning.  Had the unbelievable experience of going through security in Charlotte in less than 5 minutes yesterday,  seriously, I couldn't believe it myself.  It was the shortest line ever, even when the line I was in had to move to the other line due to the xray scanner having to reboot.  Seriously, I have never been through security in Charlotte that fast.  Miracles abound!

The rental car is a Hyundai Santa Fe.  It's the new model and feels HUGE compared to the Santa Fe we had before the minivan.  Nice ride and very roomy.  Easy drive from Dayton to Sidney.  Kind of a drag to have to fly from Cinncinnati to Dayton, should have driven from there.  Very short flight but had Wolfgang Puck's pizza in the Cincy airport.  Very nice.  

I did read almost half of the Eric Clapton autobiography yesterday.  Very interesting read and I'm amazed the guy still has a liver or a memory.  He is blessed and has lead a charmed life.  I really enjoy the social and musical history he lays out.  His inside look at The Beatles and Jimi Hendrix were worth the read alone.  Maybe I will pick up David Crosby's autobiography next ;-).

Watching commercials for the Reds here, not the Braves.  It's Ohio!

Talked to my sister, Cecily, in Florida last night.  She gave birth to a baby boy, John, last week and is doing great.  I hadn't talked to her since my Dad's funeral and felt good to touch base with her and let her know that Tricia and I are celebrating with her in the birth of her child.  Hope to send her some music that goes well with newborns and some gifts.  I am an uncle again!!!  Very cool.  

Well, I'm going veg a little and then head out to eat. See ya!

No comments: