Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Fog in Boone, Traffic Court Fun

I made it to Boone this afternoon after a long, slow drive from Hendersonville, NC. I had to hit Hendersonville for traffic court to deal with the speeding ticket from January. The court was packed, evidently the cops in Hendersonville were busy in January. I got the ticket reduced, I think to 69 in a 60; but, I am not 100%. The scene was a complete cluster and the epitome of Carolina county-level bureaucracy at work. Proud of my people, don't you know! We had to respond as to how we wanted to deal with the ticket, I choose to ask for a reduction. The fine was reduced from $30 to $10; but, the court fees of $121 stayed the same. Well, $131 is better than $151 and I'm glad to have that behind me. I will have to see how the insurance deals with this in South Carolina. The fees and points are different even though NC will report to SC.

The fog on the trip to Boone from I-40 was unbelievable. I haven't driven in that kind of fog ever. Not a fun drive other than I got to listen to the Clapton and Allmans sets. That made it bearable. Made it to the Hampton, checked emails and then headed to the Sagebrush next door. Nice steak and dessert to wash it down. The only drag is the chlorine from the pool down the hall is really starting to bother me and I think I need to move rooms. Well, I know I am.

More later, if I get the chance. If not, good night all!

See ya!

No comments: