Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturday

Just hanging out today, doing some cleaning and honey-do's.  It's been a busy week, despite the snow days for everyone else.  It went fast for me!

Just finishing up on some Africa mission support letters and taking it easy while everyone else is out shopping and hitting the library.  Don't worry, we are still very much on the Dave Ramsey budget and Tricia is taking cash envelopes to stay in focus.  I did the same thing last night at Wally World for the milk.  It feels good to turn this corner and know it will get easier and easier as we change the paradigm of thinking about our finances.  It's definitely made communication between us more open.  That's always a good thing.  We are blessed and we need to start living like it and not taking it for granted.

One of the coolest things ever in my life as a parent happened yesterday.  Dylan has been talking a great deal about becoming a Christian and taking the first step of giving his life to Jesus for eternal salvation.  Well, he came home from school yesterday and boldly told his Mom he was ready to make that step.  Tricia and Dylan were in the kitchen and I was wrapping up work.  As she asked the questions, he answered sincerely and then she lead him in prayer.  It was an awesome thing to hear and I waited until he was done so as to not interrupt.  I went in to congratulate him and he was all smiles and so was Tricia.  It was a proud moment for all of us.  I made sure he knew that was just the beginning and the start of his journey.  He assured me that he knew that was the first step.  I compared it to starting Jedi Knight training, he knew exactly what I was talking about.  It was awesome.  Writing this made me think about Father's Day in 2007.  That was the day Miles was baptized at Alice Drive and I was invited into the pool and was able to ask Miles of his Christian confession.  That was awesome too!  We look forward to Dylan taking that step later this year at Freedom Fellowship!  God is Good.  I told you I was blessed!!!

Enjoy these great warm pre-spring days and don't forget to set the clock ahead tonight.  I am on call so I hope the computers do the right thing around 2am EST on the way to EDT.  

See ya!

No comments: