Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Monday, March 16, 2009

1x1 = 3

Two things are going on here at the Johnson family home.  

1.  Dylan got a Multiplication Rocks DVD at the library on Saturday.  Just think of it as flash cards put to rock video. Lots and lots of flash cards and even more multiplication.  I think I witnessed a multiplication marathon on Saturday and Sunday.  I guess it could be worse and he knows the answers and Miles is catching on too.  Yes, I meant to write Miles.  Math and quick responses for math is not his strong point; but, he enjoys the music and the flash cards.  Did I mention the video has lots of flash cards?  I close my eyes at night and see 5 x 6...

2.  Speaking of  1 x 1= 3.  Miles went to a human growth and development seminar today. It was divided into girls and boys in different classes.  He thinks he is starting "his puberty" now.  He also learned more about body fluids, especially those associated with reproduction.  He's kinda embarrassed to talk about it too, so he spellls it out.  Like Dylan can't spell.  So, yes 1 x 1 does equal 3 or more...  Tricia and I have been trying to keep a straight face at the dinner table and behind the bedroom door.  God helps us, I feel like we are at the top of a roller coaster climb and just about to see the downward descent and pick up some speed.  For now, let's buckle up and make sure we stay focused on keeping our hands and feet in the car.  I know the 2nd round is going probably be a little rougher, that would be Dylan, so we will take this nice and steady.  

Watching the 6th night of the Allman Brothers Band LIVE from the Beacon Theatre in New York City as part of their 40th Anniversary celebration.  They take every Sunday and Wednesday night off (for church ?)  :-).  Nice and rested and they came out firing on all cylinders with a "Statesboro Blues" tonight.  

Nice to see Clemson got a decent seed for the NCAA, now if we can only get to the 2nd round.  Go Tigers!  

I think we are done on the rain for now.  There's a lot of soggy red clay around these parts right now and Keller is looking a little red himself.  But, the rain is always welcomed.  I did some more yard work today and have the front flower bed looking nice and purty with pansies and fresh red mulch.  Next up, the new rose bed for the 3 Abraham Darby roses I have ready to transplant.  It's gonna be in the 70's by the end of the week and the pink peach blossoms are ready to kick it into overdrive.  Me too!

See ya!

No comments: