Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Sunday, March 22, 2009

New Rose Bed, Zip Line Zen




I got my cinder blocks and worked on the rose bed yesterday in the gorgeous early spring sunshine. It took a good bit of digging to level the bed since it's on a nice slope. I didn't think the cinder blocks would go over well with the Home Owner's Association, so I took the abundant sandstone and granite rocks in the empty lots and around our yard and continued the theme. It's looks worth the sore back and legs (going up the hill with the rocks). I look forward to the smell of these roses in the summer sun. Bring it on!
Lots of fun today in the yard with Dylan and Miles. We even got Miles to do the zip line from the top of the fort. Believe me, it took all Dylan and I had in persuasion skills and when it finally happened, it wasn't the best form; but, it happened! He did it and had a little roll about half way down. Now he knows he can do it. I'm glad Tricia wasn't outside, it would have been a full blown trauma drama scene. He was way uncomfortable sitting on the ledge ready for take off and was sounding just like someone we know with the "Hold On, I know, I know, just hold on." Tricia and I got a laugh out of that later when talking about the scene. But, he did it and we helped him get over the fear. I knew once he got on the ledge, the easiest and safest way to get down was the zip line.
If anyone ever ask that boy what his biggest fear is, he should simply say "heights". Period, nothing closer. I remember when Tricia took him to Edventure in Columbia, she said he became uncomfortably frightened about climbing up inside the giant boys body. She got to the top and discovered Miles was at the bottom crying and being consoled by a stranger. He doesn't do heights, neither does Tricia. I remember taking Miles to McDonald's playland as a kid, he would be terrified of going across the horizontal tube that was suspended about 12 feet up. Dylan on the other hand has always been the monkey. Sometimes, to his detriment. Dylan has other fears, namely public speaking or being in front of crowd. Definitely, NOT something Miles has a problem handling. Isn't it funny how two brothers can be so different. No, it's not funny, it's amazing and how God uses us. I'm glad they are different. I'm also glad they are both my boys. I love them, fears and all.
See ya!

No comments: