Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Wednesday Whirlwind

What an awesome day yesterday! I left the house at 615am, hit Starbucks on 85 as I watched that big red sun climb out of the east. It's been a while since I have seen the sunrise and set in the same day. I went to Sumter for my sister's RN program graduation and pinning. We are so proud of Amy. I know some of the feelings she is experiencing, as the end of that training is indeed cause for celebration. I am also happy to share her joy as a family member and fellow nurse. My Mom and I are glad to have another nurse in the family too!



After the obligatory meal, I took a walk through Tuomey and said "hello" to the staff. It was good to see so many familiar faces and see what's changed in a year. I will be back next week to teach ACLS as well. There were also many Tuomey family at the graduation. I then dropped off my bass with the master of guitar zen, Robert Gibbs. Robert is not only a guitar master but a great teacher and instrument tech too. I am going to see him at the Camden Jazz fest next week too. He has some serious fluidity in his playing and I have turned him on to Derek Trucks too!

Before I left town, I went by Alice Drive Baptist to get some materials for the Africa trip. Thanks to all who have contributed to my trip. I was able to see the report on my finance status. Keep praying for us and if you are considering support, check my web page for info Africa 2008.
I made it back to Greer with 5 minutes to spare before we headed out to Life Group. We met last night at Ruth and Allan Waterfield's incredible home on Lake Lyman. We also got a quick boat trip in before the meeting started. It was a great way to relax with Tricia and see the sun go down over the mountains and the lake. Thank you God for safe travel and for making a Wonderful World for us.



See ya!

No comments: