Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Friday, May 30, 2008

North Mississippi Allstars, More School Awards

First, the show last night at the Handlebar was really fun. Man, those NMA have some kind of energy. They came out with two of my favorites back to back: "Ship Comes In" and "Stompin" . It was like I requested them or something :-) They played a solid 2 hours of straight up hill country boogie. I felt like I got my money's worth at the end of the show and then some. My neighbor, Barry Batson and I had a blast and enjoying talking about music all night. Our wifes are glad that we are neighbors so we can go without them and not make them listen to what Tricia sometimes describes as "that loud guitar noise". It was that! My recording using the hypercardioids turned out really good and I hope to have it posted before we head out to Dupont State Forest for some camping and hiking with the boys tomorrow afternoon.

Today was also the awards day at Crestview for 1st grade. So, Dylan got to receive and Tricia was able to award all the soon-to-be second graders in her class for a job well done.



Here's another You Tube video from the awards, this one shows Dylan getting a little overzealous with receiving his certificate from Mrs. Young. He got it right with some guidance and then showed how proud he was of his certificate. The 1st grader teachers did it right and did the year end awards with the 4th quarter awards. That way, I didn't get confused and try to leave early again.




By the way, if you don't like the video streaming quality of these embedded videos, you can click on the image and go to YouTube to watch in higher quality.


Another softball game tonight, this one was a lot shorter but Miles and Dylan did get to see me bat and field for a little while tonight. Dylan was impressed with my uniform as usual. Miles wanted to know the score every 5 minutes. Somethings never change!

Well, time for bed. We reserved a camping site near Dupont State Forest in North Carolina for tomorrow and plan to check out some short hikes and waterfalls while we are up in the hills. Only 3 more 1/2 days of school to go!

See ya!

No comments: