Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Stormy Chicago

Well, it looks like a Cubs game is out of the plans while I am here. There was actually a really cool shuttle bus I could take from the mall next door but some thuderstorms are looking mean and I have too much to do for work tonight. I didn't really want to get trapped downtown in the rain. I am about 15 miles from the Lake Shore Drive area and downtown. Maybe next time around...

Otherwise, it's not too bad here. I am about 5 miles from the site and this is Midwest suburbia with tons of eateries and stores around. I am going out for UNO pizza in a few. I had a great Bison burger at Ted Turner's Montana grille last night while watching the Cubs beat the Padres. That was a great burger! It was way too chilly for this South Carolina boy last night but much warmer last night. These people up here talk a little funny too (that was for you, Tricia).

I'll be back home on Wednesday night. My sister, Amy, is staying with Tricia and the boys while I am out of town. She told me today she is enjoying hanging with Keller and just enjoying her completion of RN school. I also got the report on Dylan's baseball game last night. Ever since Tricia started promising $1 for hits and stopping the ball, he has been a regular All Star with batting and fielding. Whatever it takes at his age, maybe he might even be enjoying it too :-)

Well, I'm out for some really good pizza. Oh yeah, I also got a Blackberry yesterday and just finished setting up the phone to work on my company exchange server. Life is moving very fast these days, very fast. So, hold on and buckle up.

See ya!

1 comment:

The Brighter Side of Things said...

Hope the trip was great! See you tomorrow night or some time over the weekend.