Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Caesar's Head and Pretty Place Chapel

After church today we took the boys up the hills to Pretty Place chapel (Camp Greenville) and then back to Caeasar's Head State Park. It was a great day with some clouds but lots of sun. On the way to the park, we met our friend Judy and her son, Vincent for lunch at Aunt Sue's place. We had some great food and ice cream and then the 4 of us went up for some hiking and sight seeing from the overlooks. We plan to get back up to hike Table Rock in June and this was a fun afternoon with the boys. Miles definitely needs to get out walking a little more and Dylan had way too much energy for the rest of us on the trails. I know they will sleep well tonight! Wow! the weekend went way too fast.



Yesterday, we made it to the Farmer's Market for the flower festival. We got some asparagus ferns for the front porch and a buckeye tree because gosh darnit, Tricia is from Ohio, and you have to have a buckeye tree!!! We are still discussing where we want to put that tree. It looks like a hickory nut tree to me and will look good in the backyard. We also made it to Sunrift Adventures in Traveler's Rest. We got Dylan some Keen sandals so he has a pair like the rest of us now. He was really bragging about them on the trails today. Plus, we made a stop at our friends, Leopard Forest coffee, to fill up on the essentials of life...coffee beans and ice cream!

On Saturday afternoon, Keller and I went to his first dog obedience class. He did so good, we started on the 2nd lesson almost right away. It helps when you are the only ones in the class and I have spent some time with Keller already learning (him, not me :-) )hand signals and sitting. He was so good, especially after he found out the instructor had treats for doing the right thing. Food is his reinforcer!

This week is going to be hectic too. On Monday, Dylan has a baseball game with team pictures. At almost the same time, Miles is singing in a duet part with the chorus for the PTA meeting. Dylan and I are going to sprint across town to make that after the pictures. Then Tuesday, the usual piano/karate fun and then I am heading down to Sumter to see my sister, Amy, graduate RN school with a cap and pinning ceremony at the Opera House on Main street. It will be a great chance to say "Hi" to the Tuomey folks too. I can't believe it's already been a year since I left Tuomey and joined Iatric Systems. Best year of my life too! Then I have to head right back up here for Life Group on Wednesday night. We are then heading back to Sumter on Saturday (after another baseball game on Friday) for a big Pig Pickin' with the whole family to celebrate Amy's graduation in true south Sumter style! Then, next week I head to Chicago for an onsite training... but I am getting ahead of myself! I may get a softball game or two in there if my luck holds (or my knees don't buckle).

On the Sumter front, thank you for all of the prayers for Holly and Mikey. Little Isabella's funeral is tomorrow. Here's the obituary: Isabella Kinsley Waters. Please continue to pray for Holly and Mikey in the days ahead as they will need strength and power to move forward with their lives after this loss.

Thanks for reading and See ya!

No comments: