Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mocha Club


I started a Mocha Club team this past weekend and you may have received an email from me about it. It's a cool way to give up just a small amount of money ($7, the cost of 2 Mochas or 1 big one at Starbucks) each month to help African projects. My team project work will be towards HIV/AIDS recovery and prevention in Africa. A friend of mine told me about a musician who talked about the club in his show. It's something we can all do and the sacrifice is so small compared to what that money can do in Africa in the right hands. So, if you got an email from me, open it and thanks for joining me on the team.

Speaking of team, our softball team had a late game last night, started at 930pm. We played a great game but lost 22-21. Yes, that's how church softball scores l@@k. I had a couple of hits and scored but the most fun for me was playing catcher. I didn't do too bad but the funniest moment was when a player hit a pop fly and it almost hit me and the ump in the head as we both stood there. We both thought it had gone behind the backstop. It had to look funny to the crowd. But, it wasn't as funny as a certain youth minister we all know plowing over first base and tumbling down the line (and he was out). We had a lot of fun last night even if we didn't win. The other team has evidently struggled as much as we have in this league of big power-hitting teams because at the end of the game, one of the other players said "we should play ya'll every night!". I couldn't have agreed more. It was the first game that I have played in all season that didn't get called because of the score. You can figure out the rest :-)

Only a few more days of school for the family. Miles and Dylan will be out after next Wednesday at 12pm. My sister, Amy, will be here in Greenville taking her RN boards and plans to take the boys back to Sumter after they are done. That will give Tricia and I some time to recover and celebrate the end of the school year. On a school note... Keller is doing so good in training. I think he has "Down" pretty good, as long as he knows you have a treat and he is making great progress with "Stay". Shadow still doesn't see the big deal...

See ya!

No comments: