Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sitting Around Waiting On An Airplane

Sitting around the airport in Detroit, waiting on a short flight to Appleton, Wisconsin to work this week. It's 26F here and gonna be a lot colder in Wisconsin. Got some duckies at Wally World last night, hope they serve the purpose, really all I could find in my size. It's not easy having big feet.
Just had a lunch at Chili's in the airport and then watched a really cool water fountain sculptor in the airport concourse that had me hypnotized for few minutes while I sipped my post lunch latte from Starburst [sic]. It's so easy to people watch in airports, you see the weird side and the busy side. Stress and frustration seem to be the order of the day. I have a few hours on the delay, so I stroll around in a leisure pace. I think that makes those in a hurry even more stressed when we don't get to the left of the moving sidewalk fast enough or don't full speed climb the escalators. Speaking of hypnotizing, the tunnel from the main concourse to the smaller terminals here in Detroit is illuminated and made into art with lights and music. Really cool distraction while you glide along on the moving sidewalks. Hopefully, you look down in time to jump off…

Yesterday was our 13th wedding anniversary and Tricia's birthday. Unfortunately, Tricia and the boys had to go back to school/work. Tricia did get some flowers from some guy named "Honey" delivered to the school. She was pleasantly surprised by his thoughtfulness and willingness to show his love in silly ways like flowers. He must be a nice guy and a lucky guy too. Maybe I need to take lessons from him… Whatever, I am a lucky man blessed with a kind woman who is a true friend and a great mother to my boys. Love that girl.

After going downtown to work on some paperwork for our home refinancing, we took the boys (who entertained the mortgage company secretary with their knowledge and overall "coolness") downtown for dinner at Smoke on the Water. We had a great meal and then a nice stroll (there's that word again) across the sky bridge. Miles took a couple of pictures of the happy couple in celebratory poses. He even ran the length of the bridge to show he could do it. It was a fun night with a light drizzle starting as we headed back home. Just hanging around the park, the four of us had a good time just goofing and soaking up some Greenville.

On the flight from Greenville to Detroit, I started reading a book that I gave to Tricia on Christmas 1998, ten years ago. Conversations with God. So far, I am staying with it, it does take you for a ride and is a challenge to follow and understand, as the author suffers the same during his conversation with God. I tried to pick it up a few years ago; but, I guess I wasn't ready for that teacher yet. The teacher does appear when you are ready to experience what needs to be taught. I stole that line from the book! I think "The Shack" got me in the frame of mind to open myself to what I need to "re-member" from this book. It might take a few readings and I am interested in the books that follow. Funny just listening connection…Bob Dylan's "Trying to Get To Heaven Before They Close The Door" is in my ears from my Ipod right now. I get it, sometimes you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right…
See ya!

on Blackberry

No comments: