Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Basketball Blues

Sitting here watching the Clemson basketball team struggle to stay in the game with Virginia Tech. The Hokies are taking it to them right now and it's not pretty.  Hopefully, we won't lose 3 in a row but they better do something different really fast...

I mentioned earlier that I had re-established some family relationships and that I would write about that here.  Around Christmas, I created a Myspace account so I could see if my half-sisters were still on MySpace as I had no luck finding them via email or cellphone.  It had been since the summer of 2007 since I had any contact via MySpace or email with any of my 4 half-sisters.  I did find Ashley, my youngest half sister on MySpace.  It took a few weeks for her to reply and I was wondering if this wasn't going to be the route to connect.  She did contact me after the delay and mentioned she wasn't using MySpace as much anymore.  I can understand that.  We have been emailing each other just about everyday and it feels good to be communicating with her.  We owe it to our Dad to keep in touch with each other.  Hopefully, the remainder of the group will get in contact as well.  I am working on that too.  

Speaking of family, my Uncle Leonard has had some heart trouble after his recent shoulder surgery.  He had a heart catherization yesterday in Columbia after having chest pains.  This would be complicated enough for any man; but, Leonard has been crippled from polio for most of his life.  Say a prayer for Uncle Leonard and Aunt Susie, especially her as she has to work hard during his shoulder surgery recovery.  He had a stent placed yesterday.  He has a long road to recovery.  

We are ramping up the Africa 2009 mission trip.  I am speaking to the church and leading an informational meeting in February. It looks like we may be in Botswana in late August, early September.  Another team from Alice Drive may be there as well and that would be awesome to join the two churches on the same trip.  I would be great for Old Naledi Fellowship to benefit from the synergy of both churches on the same mission too.  I am getting excited about the opportunities and the chance to return to Africa.  

Back to the game, not a great 1/2 half for Clemson.  The 2nd half isn't starting much better.  I can't watch and write at the same time.  I guess I will work on my tax return prep instead.

See ya!

No comments: