Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Diggin' in the Spurs, Happy Birthday Miles

What a week, it's been a complete blur of activity.  Working offsite really makes it hard to catch up the next week and we have been pedal to the metal.  2 nights of karate, piano, school, work...and then today is Miles 11th birthday.  Hard to believe my little monkey man is 11 and heading to middle school next year.  We are celebrating tonight with 4 of his buddies from school and the neighbor, Calvin.  I was brave enough to take all 6 boys with me to see Bedtime Stories. Great movie for pre-teen boys, we laughed at all the silly jokes and gross fun from Adam Sandler and crew.  We had some pizza and cookie cake with cupcakes before the movie.  Mom stayed home and relaxed.  

We started the day with Miles getting his very first Ipod, a 8gb Orange nano.  It was not what he expected for breakfast, I can assure you!  Later, he was more than pumped to get his very first BB and pellet rifle.  On the way to the movies he said "I never thought I would get a BB gun, that's awesome.  I didn't think Mommy would buy one for me."  I had to laugh and say "you think your Mom bought that?"  He laughed and said "yeah, I guess it wasn't her".  We all know Firemarshal Bill would not stand for that safety violation.  Miles and I are going to have us a little class on gun ownership once we get back from skiing this weekend!  Yes, we are heading out for a ski trip with the church youth tomorrow afternoon, another thing on the list pushing me to warp speed today.  I think we are packed for the most part and ready to roll, oh yeah, I have another day of work still.  Ugh!  Miles and Dylan are off from school on Friday and Monday, Tricia on Monday.  Tricia has a partial work day tomorrow and is going to take most of the overnight guests home on the way to work, thank you God!  I plan to get some donuts for the Indians on the way home from my men's group.  

I haven't been to the men's group since 2 weeks prior to Christmas.  I am looking forward to picking back up in the book of Job with Scott, Jack, Mark and Allan.  It's a great place to decompress for a few minutes before the weekend starts with brothers who understand the pace we keep or try to...  

Miles also got an alarm clock from us like his Mom's that projects the time on the ceiling.  We wanted to update his alarm for the school mornings and he was very excited about the new one.  He was also stoked to get Madden 2009 for the Wii from Grandma and some money and gift cards.  That will all have to wait until next weekend.  

The ski trip is part of a youth retreat and should involve several youth groups with some worship time and 2 full days on the slopes.  It's going to be very COLD in the NC mountains but I am looking forward to my first East Coast downhill (ice) skiing since the 1980's.  I know it won't be as close to paradise as the West Coast but it will be fun to hit the slopes, hopefully not with the back of my head or butt too often!!!  Well, I exhausted and need to get off to bed and settle down the Guitar Hero marathon upstairs.  

See ya!

How do you like that picture of me and Miles on the first night home from the hospital back in 1998?  We were both exhausted, it's amazing how much he still looks like the same kid, just MUCH bigger!

No comments: