Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Johnson Family

Today, we skipped church as we had to get down to West Columbia to visit with my Dad's family for post-Christmas get together.  Lots of good food and just a good time sitting around and catching up with relatives and extended family members.  My Uncle Leonard and Aunt Suzie were the hosts and we greatly appreciate their hospitality.  Thanks to Aunt Suzie for putting my camera in a safe place until my sister can pick it up for me.  I must be getting old, had it packed and ready to go and walked out with the salad bowl alone.  Uncle Leonard is having some major shoulder surgery soon and since he has been a parapelgic due to polio since a young child, this will be a difficult recovery period with only 1 arm to use.  Please pray for Leonard and Suzie during this time and send your healing thoughts their way.  

I also got a chance to catch up with my Uncle Harold and talk about a fishing trip soon with Tricia and the boys.  We missed his daughter, Lindsey at the Clemson game yesterday due to some miscommunication.  Uncle Harold also owns a very successful landscaping and feed store and I will be getting some Abraham Darby roses for a new rose bed very soon.  I found these roses at Buchart Gardens up in Victoria, British Columbia way back in the early 1990's and the scent still attracts me and sends me back out West.  Looking forward to working on building the rose bed soon.  Uncle Harold talked a lot about getting a pontoon boat for his ever-increasing trips to the lake.  That is a fun trip and the boys would love to get out on the water and fish and chase gators. Hope that happens soon!

Watching UNC and Wake Forest play basketball while working on the laundry and getting the boys ready for school tomorrow.  Keller is in his cage sleeping and Shadow is roaming the neighborhood.  It's good to be back and ready for a full week at home and at work.  I have a lot to catch up on from being out and onsite last week.  This is a nice end to a full weekend of family fun and some awesome Clemson basketball.  Life is Good!

This week ahead will find a new Derek Trucks CD on the store shelves and Miles celebrating his 11th birthday.  We are planning a pizza party with a trip to the movies and then a sleepover for Miles and some of his buddies.  Then we head North for a snow ski trip on Friday with the Freedom Fellowship youth.  It's going to be a fast and fun week!  

See ya!


No comments: