Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Yonder Mountain String Band


Last night at the Handlebar here in Greenville, the Yonder Mountain String Band of Colorado played to packed house of fans and onlookers. These guys have energy and talent. They can play the traditional bluegrass and swing and then bring it to the other side of the universe with their own version of bluegrass-based jams.

I had a blast with my buddy Dan from Freedom and some other folks from Greenville. It was full 2 sets and I got home after 1:30am. So, needing an extra cup of coffee this morning. I think the Handlebar sounded really good last night, probably due to the all acoustic setup of the band. There were plenty of drunks and staggering idiots and I got more than 1 instance of someone grabbing the mic stand because they just knew it was there only to keep them from falling to the floor. Oh well, that's how recordings go in bars and small music halls. It's the ambience, right? Whatever, I have to get to work! I will be working on the music files throughout the day!
Enjoy this cool weather, I almost considering getting an extra blanket out last night but made it through. It's still in the 40's here in Greer and it's 0900am. The Lord knows I love Fall!

See ya!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: