Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A new chapter

Well, the axe fell yesterday.  Tommy Bowden and Clemson parted after nearly 10 years together.  It's a new chapter for the Clemson football team.  I saw it coming, thought it was something that needed to happen but not 100% I thought it would happen mid-season.  Now, we have to rally the team and somehow salvage what's left of this season.  I wish Tommy the best in his pursuits and in life.  I think Dabo will do a fine job for the rest of the season and we will see what the end of the season brings.

This past weekend's reunion festivities were so much fun for us.  Although we didn't make it to the SHS football game on Friday and then missed the family day picnic on Saturday, we made the most of the dinner/dance on Saturday night.  I think Tricia was a little nervous about the reunion; but, it didn't take long for her to see we were in for a fun time.  It was great to see so many friends from high school that I hadn't seen since graduation day.  We had a great party and I look forward to catching up with everyone on Facebook and online soon.  In fact, we have been very busy with Facebook in the last couple of weeks and even more since the reunion.  Lots of friends in some really good spots in life and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves just like us.  

After hanging with the family on Sunday, we made it to Alice Drive for a very stirring sermon #1 from Clay Smith on elections and the Christian role.  It was not what you might find at every other Southern Baptist church and I thank God for Clay's gift and vision.  It's not easy to stand up and say things that make everyone uncomfortable, regardless of political slant.  It was so amazing that Tricia and I had the very same conversation on the way to Sumter on Friday and God used that conversation as a great lead to Clay's sermon.  I am going to make a strong effort to get the remaining 3 sermons of this series that will end before election day.  

On the way back to Greer, we stopped in Irmo.  I should also mention we had a U-Haul truck with us.  We pulled out of my sister Susan's drive-way with the dining room suite and a 56 inch rear projection Sony TV.  The house has definitely changed and still in settling process.  That TV is a 2003 model and we picked it up for a low $500 and it looks great in our living room in place of  the former 26 inch TV.  That 26 inch TV is now up in the hangout room for the boys.  They are really excited about the new TV.  Tricia is really excited about the dining room!  I think the TV will last more than a few years and be a great bridge until I can afford a OLED TV.  That dining room suite was my Mom's suite originally and Susan is getting a new set.  This set had been promised to Tricia and she waited very patiently for MANY years!  It cost me right at $200 for the U-Haul and the fuel.  MUCH, MUCH cheaper than a new suite and it's actually furniture made in the USA.  Wow!  Can you believe it?  They once made furniture here in the USA?  I thought China was the only place anything was made!  

Last night, we went to Miles' Upward football banquet.  He had a great time playing this year and learned that football is not easy!  Just ask Tommy Bowden!  Ok, time for my walk! 

Have a great day and hope to see you soon!  Go Tigers!  

See ya!

No comments: