Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Went to Church last night

I had some tickets to see the Blind Boys of Alabama with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band last night at the swank Foundation Performing Arts Center on the campus of Isothermal Community College up in Spindale, NC. WNCW put me on the guest list when I was working the phones on Saturday (another great perk for answering the phones on the fund drive). It was an incredible show that sounded great and really moved me. It was Gospel at it's finest and the hertitage and feeling of New Orleans permeated throughout the 2 sets. My friend from Freedom, Steven Somers, went and we both agreed it was a fantastic show that featured rich and deep vocals with excellent musicial chops all around. Check out some pictures here: Blind Boys at Isothermal

Of course, I recorded the sets and the recording turned out fantastic. I have been uploading to friends and fans all day on the internet and listening while I work. It's one of the reasons I moved here, to be able to go and enjoy music on a week night or weekend without having to drive dangerously long hours after the show to get home. I was in the bed by 11:30pm with a song in my head and smile on my face!

Life Group tonight as we continue focusing on Love and Respect in our marriage. It's been a great series so far and I think Tricia and I are both learning ways to improve our communication to avoid all the crazy cycles that come from poor communication. I may never be able to understand her completely but at least I can learn to communicate with her on a level that brings us closer and fortifies our marriage bond.

Ok, a little more work to finish. If anyone wants a Labradoodle puppy, let me know. My neighbor has 3 and she wants to find homes for 2 of them. They look to be about 2 -3 months. See ya!

2 comments:

Cliff Marshall said...

Thanks for the CD. I listened to it all day yesterday in the truck. Great stuff!

Unknown said...

Hey brother how about hook your sister up with some church music. :-) From the pics it looks like it was a fun time.