Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sun Comes Up, It's Tuesday Morning

Random thoughts this morning:

> Dylan and I had a corporal punishment moment this Sunday after church after his Mom explained to me how bad his behavior and attitude were during church today. It definitely caught him by surprise and stung more than a little since the belt was involved. He got the message and I think Miles did too.

> I write about that lesson for Dylan because it's never easy to hurt our children and I later in the afternoon told him how much it hurt me. But, I also told him it hurt me more to have him act so ugly in public, especially at church and towards others. He got the message. He made need a reminder, just like the rest of us. God have mercy on us all.

> Miles, Dylan and Tricia were out of school yesterday (Miles and Dylan were off on Friday too) and I did get to spend some time with Dylan yesterday after work. He and I took Keller down to the creek for a romp. On the way down there, I noticed a snake in our path. Dylan didn't see it but I stopped us about 5 feet from the snake. I think it was a Pine snake. Keller did his best to investigate but after we poke it with a stick (to make sure it wasn't a Copperhead) it crawled into the hollow of the tree it was near. Dylan was thankful I saw it. Later we hung out in the backyard and pulled some weeds and played on the zip line. I gave him $2 for helping as we did pull a bunch of those darn mustard weeds off the hill. I'm just thankful we don't have the wild onion problem we did in Sumter. It was great to hang with Dylan and just enjoy the sunshine and cool afternoon temps. It doesn't get much better than that!

> Saturday, after Dylan's end of the year soccer banquet, I went up to Spindale, NC to work WNCW's fall fund drive. It's always a blast to go there and hang out with the DJs and staff at the greatest radio station in the world. I also picked up a pair of tickets to see the Blind Boys of Alabama with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band tonight at the swank theatre there on the college campus (Isothermal Community College). I'm going with a friend from Freedom, as it's a school night for Tricia. We also got the pleasure of hanging out with Jim Lauderdale, who came by to pitch for the drive too. Saturdays are always a fun time as it's bluegrass for 8 hours and you get some very interesting phone calls during that show.

> Although Clemson lost to a very tough Ga Tech team (they own us throughout our history of games with them), I am proud of how the campus and Tiger nation came together for the game and the healing after Tommy Bowden's departure. We have a long way to go but can only move forward now. A win would have been over the top good but that's a difficult thing right now and won't get any easier with the injuries and Boston College and Florida State up next. I just hope we can beat Duke for the Homecoming since we will be there!

Ok, got some work to finish. More later. See ya!

No comments: