Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Friday, October 24, 2008

Slow Rain

Just enjoying the slow, cold rainy day here in the Upstate. It's only 50F and rain...hmmm, reminds me of one of my favorite places, the Pacific Northwest. This is when I feel like I am in the right skin, no humidity, no sweating and suffering. It will always call to me. Always. I can't help it or fight it.

Last night I had the great experience of working The Mocha Club booth at the Matt Wertz show at The Handlebar in Greenville. I got 10 new members to sign up. They got Matt's latest CD for signing up. It's only $7/month but that is SO much more to the poor in Africa. I was on the guest list and that's always nice to get to hear free LIVE music and introduce others to a great way to help Africa. I was on the guestlist for another big show in Clemson with Lady Antebellum at the Littlejohn Coliseum; but, we have the Halloween Hoopla tomorrow here in Greer and I had to cancel.

The Halloween Hoopla is an awesome free festival that our church, Freedom Fellowship, does every year for our community. It's a great time to serve the community and let kids be kids and enjoy the Fall. I missed it last year as I was returning home from my trip to Europe. Tricia and the boys reported that it was a great time and the boys are really pumped about going again.

We were scheduled to take our family picture down by Lake Robinson in the park tomorrow but I think that's been pushed to Sunday because of the weather. We need to wash Keller too since he's going to be in the picture. Shadow said he would take a rain check.

Tonight, the boys are going to hang out at Hurricane Martial Arts, while we enjoy a Parent's Night out. They are going to have fun while we do a little shopping and I'm sure there is a coffee shop and a small,cozy table in Tricia's plans too. It's nice to have that break and attempt to not talk about the kids for a while and act like husband and wife.

I just made Dylan's day...he was acting really bummed about missing a brand new episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Cartoon Network. Little did he know, but I ordered a DVR for the living room this week. He helped me program to record the whole series and now he's "cool" with going to Hurricane and watching the show in the morning. I guess the cost just got justified by Mr. Dylan. I am also recording the World Series and watching when I have time. This is why I sacrificed the $100 for the DVR. I have investigated and read about it for the last few months on Direct TV's website. Ok, I'm geek out on my new black box; but, that's nothing new for me!

Well, enjoy your weekend and the cool temps! See ya!

No comments: