Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Neighbors

I want to use this post to write about neighbors. Having good neighbors is key to a good life. Neighbors who watch out for you when you are gone and when you are home, neighbors willing to watch and feed your pets while you are gone and neighbors who are willing to lend a hand when needed are gifts from God. Tricia and I are extremely blessed to have neighbors like this all around us in our new neighborhood.

My neighbor, Barry, not only helped me unload the U-Haul on Sunday night; but, he always followed me in my van to the U-Haul return center and waited for me while I turned in the van. They also watched and feed Keller and Shadow last weekend while we were in Sumter. Barry and Linda are good neighbors and good friends! Thanks Barry! Thanks Linda!

I hope some of you watched the PBS Frontline special about the Presidential election candidates last night. It was a well-rounded 2 hour special on the 2 men and their histories and how they arrived at this moment. Tricia and I remained interested the entire 2 hours, a rarity indeed.

So far, the feeling about our interim coach at Clemson, Dabo Swinney, has been nothing but positive. I have given him credit for our great recruits of late and now see him as the motivator we needed to make use of the great recruits. My good friend, Jock Hendricks, who is the worship leader at Alice Drive Baptist, said this about Tommy Bowden , "He's like the nerd dating the super model, he doesn't know what to do with what he has, much less where to take her on a date." I think Dabo may have some ideas on where to take his date. Saturday at 12pm will show us if he has some idea of what to do with the talent. It's gonna be a wild ride no matter what!

Off to walk with Keller and get the family off to school!

See ya!

No comments: