Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween


Here's a snapshot before they set out for the tricks and treats. Keller had a great time and so did the boys. I stayed home and played the old man handing out candy on Halloween. Shadow is so happy it's his special day. It's not every day that he gets to wear his black cat costume!

We were heading up into the mountains for the Upstate Forever annual meeting and nature hike; but, Miles is looking and feeling a little puny. Tricia and I have a date tomorrow night at the Peace Center to see the Avett Brothers. It's my birthday present and just what I wanted. I see a trip to Mellow Mushroom in there too! We have a sitter coming over around 5pm; so, it should be a fun night for us.

Then, on Sunday morning (thank you God for Daylight Savings Time rolling back the clock), I am getting up early and driving to Sumter. I am going to speak at Home Branch Baptist, where my Mom and Pete go to church, about the Africa trip. Home Branch provided a great deal of support for my last trip and it will be great to speak to them about what we did there. Then on Sunday night, the Alice Drive team is going to offer a recreation experience of the Africa trip at Alice Drive. It will be a full day speaking and sharing about the Africa trip and the vision for what is happening and needs to happen there. So, it's probably a good thing we canceled our trip to the Upstate Forever meeting and hike. I am still working on the presentation for Home Branch. So, please say a prayer for me and the rest of the team. While you are praying, remember to lift the church in Botswana. Here's a link: http://oldnaledifellowship.org

Gotta give out some more candy!

See ya! Go Tigers! Beat Boston College!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: