Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Monday, November 3, 2008

Africa Presentations

Yesterday, I got up uber early and drove down to Sumter in time to make a presentation about the Africa trip at Home Branch Baptist church. It's always good to sing some big chord hymns out of the good ole Baptist hymnal and of course, The Doxology. It's like stepping back in time for me, reminds me of going to church with my grandparents (both sides of the family). I had most of the service to speak and show some slides. I think it went very well and seemed to hold their attention. I went over about 15 minutes and didn't get any complaints or comments about going over. So, I take that as the best compliment possible!

After a good country meal at Mom's place and of course, a nap, I went to Alice Drive for our Botswana recreation presentation. We brought the audience into the fellowship hall in small groups. We took them through a few stations with props and pictures from Old Naledi. We read scripts to recreate the environement and the daily choices that face the street orphans there in Old Naledi. My station was the last, representing Old Naledi Baptist Fellowship and why it was important for us to support the Fellowship and its work there in Old Naledi. Afterwards, we did a multimedia presentations in front of the entire assembly. James Lowe and I talked about the construction work and how hard the job was digging in that dirt (aka African concrete). It went very well and James wrote a great script for the 2 of us to read.

After the presentation, my sister, Amy, and I went to Logan's for a great steak dinner. Thanks Amy!

It was a honor to tell those stories and to share that vision of what we are supporting in Botswana. It also helped prepare me for my next Africa vision talk, for Freedom Fellowship in early December. I look forward to that opportunity to continue to share that vision.

I got up at 0500am (felt like 6am to me) and drove back to Greer. I didn't feel all that well once I got here and worked for a little while. I just got up from a quick nap and feel much better. Now, back to work!

See ya!

No comments: