Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Fishing with the boys

Today is Saturday.  Slowly getting a start on the day, watching some of Series of Unfortunate Events with Miles and Dylan (Miles bought the DVD yesterday) and waiting for biscuits and country breakfast at Mom's.  I plan to work on some fig trees and blueberry bushes to take home for the yard and just hang out.  Tricia is going to meet some friends for coffee in Sumter later today.  This afternoon, I am taking the boys fishing at the Garnay pond.  The weather looks to be good and perfect for fishing.  
My Mom's sister, Gladys, is spending the next 2 weeks with Mom and Pete.  Gladys had a massive stroke a few years back and suffers from right-sided paralysis and has difficulty speaking.  Despite the physicial challenges, she continues to be a joy to spend time with and is always gracious for time spent in her company.  
I worked yesterday from my sister's place, which is located on the back side of the farm and was once where Tricia and I lived with the boys.  They have done some extensive renovations and the house looks great; but, it still feels like the same place and brings memories of those 3 years with young children whenever I walk around the place.  It's a blessing to be able to work remotely and around my family during the holiday.  
We had some loud thunderstorms with rain last night around 1am.  I woke for a little bit and listened to the rain and watched the lightning.  More memories of summertime there...
Tomorrow, I am going to Sunrise service and Men's breakfast at Home Branch Church.  Tricia declined the invitation before I even offered it.  Luckily, she had an out since it's a Men's function ;-)  
Well, enjoy this Saturday and be sure you take a moment to thank God for rebirth and triumph over death through the resurrection of our Jesus.  

See ya!

No comments: