Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday, stuck in neutral


Sitting here wondering when I am going to head out the door and go for a walk with Keller. Already worked out and dressed, just can't get going. Keller is right here working on the rawhide obliviously happy just to be inside for a few minutes.

A couple of updates: Dylan's baseball team is now 6-0 and he had 2 hits in the last game, despite being tired and whiny. He is getting the hang of the routine although his behavior was across the red line a few times at school according to reports. I think he got good sleep last night.

Miles is suffering from allergies and a sore throat this week. He puts on a good show too so it's made a little worse by his "I'm an old man" routine. But, a nice dose of medicine last night got him in the bed early and he looked and felt 100% better this morning.

Our Dave Ramsey class is almost done; but, our dedication to the principles and the goals we have set are just getting traction and I see momentum starting to slowly gain. We owe it to ourselves and the boys to continue and to prosper. God has so much in store for us and I can't wait to demonstrate we have what it takes to be responsible for what he wants to give us. The ability to take short term mission trips without fund raising is high on my list!!! Plus, Tricia and I have found a new level of communication regarding finances and family goals that we did not have prior to this class. If nothing else, that is priceless!

Tricia and I were cracking up each other last night laughing about family matters. I know most of you have crazy and dysfunctional family members just like us. Nonetheless, I care to wager that I have a branch that would rival some of the best reality TV shows. I even made up names for the show we were proposing last night. I can't disclose on this blog of course, to protect the not-so-innocent :-). It's part of life to have some reflection about our own trials and trivial concerns when watching others around us; but, it's so much deeper when it's your family or extended family. To put it all in focus, I think I am fairly sane and have decent coping mechanisms in place and I have family members who do not have the same to reassure me of my self belief! I guess I can think them for all of that!

Well, coffee is kicking finally and Keller is ready for the trail, I am ready for the trials :-)

See ya!

No comments: