Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Own Music Video

Couple of things cracking me up today:

  • Jason Collins is one of the Freedom Fellowship team going to Botswana. He was at Pizza Inn last night and Miles and Dylan were talking to him about Transformer movies, etc. Tricia told the boys he was the Jason from Friday the 13th. Dylan didn't buy it; but, Miles said "Really?" Dylan wanted to know where the chainsaw was.
  • The weather forecast in the Fall calling for a drier-than-normal winter/spring. I think they got that wrong.
I was walking in the damp rain drizzle on the trail today with Keller and we came across one of those florist aluminum balloons. It said "I Love You" and had a few roses on the front. It was almost out of helium but still had it's shape. Keller was very interested in this something new on his trail walk. On the way back from the loop, I picked up the balloon to take it home. Well, first, I was going to tie it to a tree limb. Then, I decided to take it home. I must have look pretty peculiar walking in the rain with a half-inflated "I Love You" balloon and a soaking wet dog. Maybe my own music video or a bluesy book cover.

My walk soundtrack went right along with the scene. I have really gotten stuck on John Lee Hooker and Carlos Santana "The Healer", a latter day Hooker that is an amazingly simple; but, powerful new age blues with some smokin' Carlos leads. That along with Jupiter Coyote's "A Little Like Me" and Plant's" I'm In The Mood" really made me open my eyes to the awakening of spring that is so rapidly unfolding around us. Thank you God for rebirth and rejuvenation!

Hoping Dylan gets to play baseball today, that drier-than-normal- NOT forecast still calls for rain.

See ya!


1 comment:

Freedom Fellowship serving in Haiti said...

There are moments of existence when time and space are more profound, and the awareness of existence is immensely heightened."

--Charles Baudelaire,
French poet