Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Monday, April 13, 2009

Weekend Recap

What a food fest we had at my Mom's place for the last few days. I think I gained at least a few notches on the belt buckle. I could fast for a few weeks and be okay. But, of course, I was at Pizza Inn buffet tonight helping the Africa mission trip team (including me) raise money for our trip. Thanks to all who made it out to help! We are the hands and feet of Jesus for those children because of your help and support and Prayers!

Listening to the 1st night of The Dead's tour from Greensboro. So far, kinda lame. I would have fallen asleep by now...Really not much spark there but I would have taken a free ticket. I think it's Bobby Weir that gets me distracted the fastest. Warren and Phil will have to carry the load as the show goes on...
Listen here: The Dead 4-12-09

Miles had his mandatory accident while at Mom's farm. While riding in the bucket on the front of the tractor (not a good way to start a story), he got his leg caught between the road and the front of the bucket. Nice scrap and scratch and bruise. He skipped karate today for the Pizza Inn event but he and I have both suffered a little indigestion and frequent bathroom visits today. So, he's had a rough Monday. He seemed to be in good spirits otherwise. Dylan was proud that he got on green even with less sleep than normal. We drove back from Sumter last night and made it home in time for me to plant some blueberry bushes and Carolina Spice. It's rained all day, so hopefully, that will help the plants overcome the shock. I still need to get the fig tree in the ground and get some mulch to go around the blueberries. One of these days, I may mow the grass if the rain will hold off. I did get the weed eater fixed with some mail order parts. No complaints, we needed all the rain.

Keller and Shadow were very happy to see us last night. I was happy to see my shower and my bed. We were not happy about getting up early this morning, ask Tricia.

Well, I'm done for the night. See ya!

No comments: