Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Break?

Not sure if it's gonna be spring or not. The forecast is calling for lower temps, wind, some rain and even snow in the mountains. I was going to be off all week and we were going to be in DC; but, I changed it to today and tomorrow to hang out with the family. We are thinking about going out on the Lake tomorrow with our friends Ruth and Allan. We are also talking about hiking on Wednesday at the Berry Mill park and about taking Keller to the dog park in Greenville, Cleveland Park.

Random Ramblings:
I got home around 5:30 on Friday, just in time to take Miles to Karate

I woke up at 0615 on Saturday and headed to WNCW to answer phones. Always one of my favorite things to do. I get to hang out in the studio, talk about music, get free WNCW stuff (got Miles a WNCW tshirt, a pair of tickets to see Jason Isbell in Greenville and BBQ for lunch)->who wouldn't want to do that?

We went to Dylan's first real baseball game on Saturday. He had 2 hits and scored 1 time. They won by a large margin. He was a little tired but had a lot of fun. Calvin from next door went to the game and then spent the night and then went to church with us and then went to the movies with us. I had 3 sons for most of the weekend.

The movie was Monsters vs Aliens in 3D. Very cool and fun for the boys. I enjoyed the story and the visual fun too. Looking forward to the new UP! and Ice Age 3D movies that are due this summer. I can't think of a movie that I have seen lately that wasn't a cartoon... oh, wait! we did see the Chimpunk movie a while back :-)

Finished the Clapton book on the way home. I haven't read a book that fast in a while. Very well written, brutally honest and full of uber interesting music history. My kind of book! Just think, he's a British guitar icon married to a gal from Ohio with young daughters at home. Not what he saw his life becoming back in the 60's I reckon...

Well, I am off to run errands and enjoy my time off. Enjoy your week and the schizophrenic weather of spring in the South! Go ACC, Go Tar Heels!

See ya!

No comments: