Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Falls Park

The weather here in South Dakota has been great.  Went down to The Falls Park here in Sioux Falls yesterday after work.  See pictures below.  

-I got 1st class upgrade all the way here on Tuesday.  Nice leg room!

-There is a funny accent here, reminds me of the folks out in Oregon/Washington, because many of them moved from the Dakotas to the Pacific Northwest to work the shipyards for WWII.

-I am going for a walk on the river trail today before work, means I need to go back to bed.  I never sleep well in hotels.  But, I can honestly say I have yet to turn on the TV here in the room.  Way to celebrate Earth Day all week.

-Going to the Dave Ramsey Town Hall tonight at a church right down the street from the hotel.  How cool is that?  The hospital where I am working is also showing it.  That's cool too; but, more of a drive across town.

-Sioux Falls is  pretty town and seems to have a lot going on for the location.  But, I know I couldn't stand the extreme cold/heat.  

Tricia's Mom had knee replacement on Monday. Hang in there Kathy!  It will get better, just get through the fun of PT (Physical Torture)!

Also, please rememeber my Aunt Gladys who was visiting with my Mom and Pete.  She suffered a stroke a few years ago and recovered fair with right sided weakness and aphasia.  She is now suffering through a nasty bout of C. Diff.  She is having a rough go right now.

A note of praise!  I think I am almost at the goal for my Africa fund raising!  Now, it's time for a plane ticket!  Thank you all for your support and prayers!

I am going back to bed!  See ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! I think this "Falls Park" is an adversary of our "Falls Park" in Gville.