Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Kids are at Nana's

The kids are off at Nana's place this week while Tricia digs in for the first week of school with inservices all week for teachers. I am prepping for my trip to Montana on Sunday and taking the time to watch some movies from Netflix.

Tonight, our new friend, Dan Wallace who just recently started coming to Freedom Fellowship came over for pizza and a movie. Dan and I have very similar musical taste. I did turn him on to Steve Kimock, Derek Trucks Band and The String Cheese Incident while he was here. He left with a great CD of mp3z for his drive to Atlanta tomorrow. Dan also is in the software industry, he designs websites. Check out this one: Steakhouse. Dan's got skills!

Ok, back to the movie. I put Supersize Me in the queue at Netflix not long ago and a movie caught my eye, Who Killed The Electric Car? It will make you mad and it just reinforces my crazy idea that Big Oil, Big Tobacco, Big Car and Big Beer are not good for our country or our freedoms. The fact that GM collected all of the EV1s and had them destroyed still leaves me scratching my head. But, hopefully, with the price of gas staying well over $3/gallon, we might see more of this technology like the plug-in hybrids making big inroads soon.

I also watched Braveheart last night! Wow! I can't believe I waited so long to actually sit down and watch the whole thing. Great movie! BTW, a crazy looking Mel Gibson was an EV1 owner interviewed for the Electric Car movie. Weird connection for me.

BTW, I'm posting a little more on my other blog these days and that will likely be the case until I get back from Africa. Africa Blog, we have a good discussion of encouragement going on over there. Stop by sometimes and leave a comment of encouragement for the group. Of the 11, only 2 of us have been to Africa. We all continue to seek your prayers of safety and encouragement!

See ya!

No comments: