Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dodgin' Bison

What an incredible day that was just crowned to perfection with one of the biggest full moons I have ever witnessed coming up over the Rockies.

I left Greer at 5am but I had been laying in bed since 4am listening to the thunder, wind and rain. I made to Charlotte just in time, slept a little on the flight to Chicago and got a great view Lakeshore Drive on a sunny Chicago morning on the way into the airport. A quick latte from Starbucks and then off (early no less) to Bozeman.

A small, but beautiful airport greeted me and then I found myself in a nice, fully loaded 2009 Subaru Outback rental (thank you God and it had GPS and iPod hook-up).

I got to Yellowstone around 130pm local time and spent the 6 hours ridin' around the park. It was a squintiful (my new word) BLUE sky day that made the gorgeous landscape that much more. Lodge pole pines everywhere on the brown scrub mountains. I got to see Old Faithful do it's water version of the roman candle, I saw elk, 1 coyote (too small for a wolf), a moose and tons of bison, some up close and personal. Nothing stops the flow of vacation traffic like a 3000 lbs bull in the middle of the road. I may write about the idiots who got out of their vehicles some other day.


My steak just arrived and I am hungry after this long day in God's country. More tomorrow night! See ya!
on Blackberry
************************
Ok, I am back at the hotel and finished with the shower and teeth brushing (ahhhh yes). Corrected a few errors made on the blackberry, thumbs were working hard there at the steakhouse. I'm tired and have lots to do tomorrow. I will write more about my Sunday tomorrow.

No comments: