Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Home Again

Well, we made it home on Saturday night around 9pm after an all day journey South. I think we left around 8am but we had a 2 hour stop in Beckley, WV for lunch and then stopped in Gaffney at Zaxby's for supper under the shadow of the Peachoid. We also picked up some more Peach cider at Abbott's while we were there (just to make us feel more at home too!)

It was so good just to sit on the porch and relax with a cold beer after that long ride. The breeze was blowing in the trees across the street by the creek and the neighborhood was so quiet. It reminded me how much I really love the comforts of home and how much we have been blessed here in the Upstate.

I also feel so blessed to have been able to work all week from Ohio without taking any vacation. It required just a small amount of coordination on my part for the job. I had broadband and the cellphone and was able to easily handle working all week which was good since I was also covering the Left Coast while another consultant is in Mexico on vacation. Tricia got to spend some good down time with her sister and boys, just hanging out and enjoying the summer. I think this will be a trend for us since she will have summers off as a teacher.

July is going to be very busy. We have a BIG family reunion in Sumter this 4th of July weekend (BBQ and homemade ice cream, my 2 favorite food groups) and I have to train 2 new sites in July. One of the new sites is near Knoxville and I will be gone there while Tricia and the boys do Vacation Bible School at Lake Robinson park around the corner from home. Then, I have another new site near North Myrtle Beach. Tricia is going to stay with me at the hotel while I am there. The boys will be in Sumter or Columbia with my Mom. We are also going to schedule a fun day at Carowinds Park with the boys and family in July and a few trips to Sliding Rock are on the agenda too. I know the month will fly by.

Keller is actually sitting here next to me in the office today. He lost his mind last night and scratched a fist-sized hole in the garage door. Not sure if there was something outside the door as he has never even bothered the door. Of course, it's nothing more than styrofoam but he's treading on thin ice. So, I'm keeping an eye on him today :-) He got an ear full, I can promise you that! He's been pretty good with the garage, not sure what that was all about, hoping he got the message too. Shadow doesn't know Keller is inside yet (I won't tell him).

We have been down to the creek by the trail with Keller every afternoon since we got home. He just jumps right in and lays in the water with a big smile on his face. That cool sand and water hits the spot. Of course, he waits until he is right next to you, regardless of where you are, before he shakes off the water (starting at the head and working back to the tail like a funky dance). He wants to share the cool water, I'm sure!

Tricia has been busy rearranging the hang out room upstairs this week. She is making it so she can do her crafts and school work in there. That will help us all once school starts. We have a huge multiple purpose desk that she is getting arranged just right. It also meant I had to take down some posters from the hang out room; but, it also meant I could decorate the office with a little more rock and roll flair. It's still in progress and looking good (the hang out room and the office). Ok, I'll stop there. I missed posting on my blog and my full-sized keyboard too!

Just know we LOVE you and God does too!

1 comment:

Cliff Marshall said...

I've got a DVD to give you to take to your sister before you head down to Sumter on Friday. I'll call you to figure out how to get it to you.