Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Summer Holidaze

Well, Keller survived and even went for a long walk with me this morning without any attitude. I think he slept under the deck and not in the dogloo but he'll figure it out (maybe). Hey, I'm not sure if you noticed or not but I posted that last post yesterday from my Blackberry. It's cool to be able to do that and now I have to figure out how to send pictures and postings at the same time to the blog from my Blackberry.
We are heading to Sumter tomorrow for the big reunion and the neighbors are watching after Keller again. He is looking forward to his play time with their 4 dogs. I'm sure he will tell them about how we have kicked him out of the garage.

Couple of quick random music thoughts:
1. The new Drive By Truckers' CD Brighter Than Creation's Dark could be some of the best music I have heard in a long,long time. I have had it in constant rotation for a few weeks and it's in my blood and in my head all the time now. It's got Neil Young gone to Georgia written all over it!
2. I downloaded another cool tune (heard it on WNCW first- of course) from Kathleen Edwards called "Run". Of course it's not my mother-in-law but it is great music. It was free thanks to Pepsi Points too!
3. Also, downloaded some free (Amazon Pepsi Points again) Otis Taylor this week. Recapturing the Banjo takes the banjo back to Africa and then to Neptune and back! Wow! Great stuff!
4. Nothing beats "Jessica" by the Allman Brothers when walking with the dog in the woods on an early July morning in South Carolina.
5. I still get a kick out of Van Halen. Downloaded some of Diver Down last week and have found myself cranking it up!
6. Lynyrd Skynyrd remains great music, despite the fact that I have never seen the world in the same view as some of their fans. I should clarify and say "classic" LS, not the WWF version that runs around today playing the same old tunes and waving the Confederate flag in your face. It's funny, we tuned into the classic rock station the other night and they had a twofer Tuesday going from LS. I was singing at the top of my lungs and Tricia made the comment "I'm surprised you don't listen to them more often". She didn't hear me playing them just that same afternoon in my office. Not sure if she knows all of their tunes either. Miles told me "The Ballad of Curtis Loew" sounded like Jerry Garcia Band and the Allman Brothers. He's a smart little fella!
7. Speaking of Miles, I got out my 1987 (I can hardly believe that) Rush tshirt from my first Rush tour. I actually tye dyed it as a freshman at Clemson back in 1989. I am going to let him wear it to the show coming up on July 20th. He doesn't know that yet and it's going to be such a treat. He is talking to anyone who will listen about that upcoming Rush show. The shirt was up in the attic storage. Tricia won't let me wear it as it looks a little tight (well, a lot). Can't wait for that show.
8. More music posters make my office look even cooler than before! Thanks Tricia for making me take them out of the hang out room. You rock!

Ok, back to work. Breaks over. I wish you a Happy and Safe 4th of July!

See ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes sir that DBT is some fine stuff. I miss Isbell with them though.......