Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Reunion

So far, so good. A very big crowd yesterday for the 4th. We had hamburgers and hotdogs (what else could you possibly serve for the 4th in South?). We then had 7 churns of homemade ice cream for dessert. The banana was the best for me. Then for the night finale before the huge thunderstorms rolled in, we set off a very large amount of fireworks. My Mom rents the house I grew up in to a woman who works for a fireworks distributor/factory. She pays her rent in the months of July and December with fireworks, sometimes partially and sometimes, like last night, in full. Needless to say, we had a ton of fireworks! It was a blast (pun intended).

Today is round 2 which will include a full hog BBQ (with an extra special spicey pineapple sauce that my uncle has PERFECTED) and more ice cream (of course). The boys will get a few more hours logged in the pool. I think I counted no less than 25 in the pool at one time yesterday afternoon. That included many with floaties on their arms and some who didn't need to be wearing that bathing suit in public.

We spent the night in Sumter with my cousin, Sally. She is a nurse manager at Tuomey, where I worked from 2000 to 2007. She is actually my cousin on both sides of my family as my Dad and his first cousin married two sisters (my Mom and her sister, who is the mother of Julie Ann, Michael, and Sally). I thought I would share that since it best illustrates what a redneck family reunion in south Sumter county is all about! Praise Jesus and pass the BBQ!

See ya!

No comments: