Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday night in Greater Greer

It's a hot and humid Saturday night in Greater Greer.

Watching the Allgood Music Festival on iClips. It's THE Big Jam Band festival. Thought about going but the crowds and the heat don't suit me these days. But, I am enjoying watching Widespread Panic on stage right now. Jimmy Herring is a great addition to that band. Maybe I will see them again down the road, it's been a few years.

We went to see a great movie today, WALL-E. It's a Pixar animation movie about the future and a lonely robot who falls in love with a search droid. Miles had read the book and told us all about it, so we went and we all enjoyed it. They also saw Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3D yesterday with friends from church. All 3 of them were excited about that and all said "It was AWESOME". I stayed awake for the whole movie today! I did take a nap before the movie this time.

I got home from Tennessee last night around 10pm. That's the main reason I took that nap. Two days of all day training a new site and then the 5 hour travel made me low on fuel. We turn around and do it again next week as we head to Myrtle Beach. I am training a site about 20 miles from North Myrtle Beach in the boonies and Tricia is going to hang out and shop while we are down there. Should be fun and interesting. Miles and Dylan are going to hang with Nana and Drew/Carley.

Put new strings on the acoustic today. I will forever love that sound of new strings. Any open chord sounds like magic. I got a strap for the bass this week and have put more into that since I can now stand and play and work on the funk :-)

Well, back to the festival online. We are planning to just hang out tomorrow and enjoy the day.
I see a creek swim for Keller in the plans too!

See ya!

No comments: