Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Crossville


I am in Crossville for the next 2 days working at Cumberland Medical Center. It was a wet and stormy drive over the mountains yesterday; but, it was a beautiful drive. I had forgotten that those really are mountains! The gorges and hills in the misty fog and rain were amazingly beautiful. God is awesome!
I made it to the hotel, did some work and headed out to find the hospital. No problem there and only a few miles from the hotel. Crossville kinda reminds me of some of the small towns in South Carolina. Looks and feels about the size of Camden or Sumter with an old downtown section with the hardware stores and beauty salons. Then there is the area near Interstate 40 that has the usual Wal-Mart and every strip mall eatery in the region. I did notice some large plants (that looked fairly new and modern) near the interstate; so, maybe that is where the jobs are around here.
Well, time for coffee and out the door. If you are reading this and playing Scrabulous with me on Facebook, it's your turn!

See ya!

Ugh!!!! I just figured out these guys are CENTRAL time. I was wondering why my wake-up call came at 7am instead of the requested 6am. Duh! I guess I can doze a little and watch TV or read after I get some breakfast downstairs. Better early than late!

1 comment:

Cliff Marshall said...

We missed you at VBS this week. Be careful coming back over the mountains today!