Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer is Here

I made it back from tornado-torn Indiana in one piece. I was in Shelbyville, Indiana. It's a farming community about 30 miles southeast of Indianapolis. A nice place but not a lot going on other than chasing twisters. We had some pretty bad weather while I was there and the flight out was pushed up due to weather and I have to tell you I haven't been on a more bumpy flight. I was glad to have a window seat so I could at least keep my eye on the horizon as we bucked and dipped on the way out of the storm. What a ride!

It's quiet around here at home. Miles and Dylan went to my folks place with my sister, Amy. They are now on summer break and enjoyin' the pool and hanging with their cousins. We are heading down to Sumter for a Johnson family reunion this weekend. We are heading down on Sunday because on Saturday, Tricia and I are hiking Table Rock (early, before the heat hits 100 F) and then catching The Malah at the Paris Mountain State Park concerts on Saturday night. We had a nice trip up to Starbucks this evening for some frozen chocolate coffee concoctions that only Starbucks can make. I think I put in 13 hours today. Work is moving at hyperspeed right now with a lot of new sites going up with our applications and vacations and travel, etc. I needed a break and Starbucks works for me just about any time or day!

Some great news today from my sister, Amy. She passed her RN boards and is now a real, fully licensed Registered Nurse! Congratulations Big Sister! We knew all that hard work would pay off. We are so proud and now we have another nurse in the family to field the medical questions at family reunions (wink, wink).

I added a new link today for the Echoes blog. I look forward to listening to Echoes every week night at 10pm on NPR. There is nothing like it for my ears and brain. It's one of the best ways to wind down after a long day of looking at code and computer screens. It's a great way to check out new tunes and the interviews and live performances are top-notch too. Another feather in the NPR/PRI cap. Check it out!

Gotta hit the hay and get ready for another long day tomorrow!

See ya!

No comments: