Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

I had every intent on writing about Father's Day yesterday but never got around to it. After a great worship at Freedom, we came home and made homemade pizzas (I did squeeze in a nap on the couch really quick). The pizzas were my idea. One of my favorite meals, in home or out. We then went to see Kung Fu Panda as a family, where I continued my Father's Day nap :-).
We then went downtown for a stroll down main and Miles and Dylan got to play in the fountain.

We then threw them in the back of the car soaking wet, of course we didn't bring any extra clothes or towels. We made it home for a late dessert and I got a nice new pair of hiking pants (legs zip out) and a new floppy sun hat (Keller destroyed the other one). We ended the night chasing fireflys around the backyard. Dylan and I caught about 4 and then they escaped our jar. But, it was a full fun Father's Day. I can't complain when they are that fun. Thanks Miles, Dylan and Tricia!

I also called my step Dad, Pete, and told him how much I appreciate all he has done for our family and me. Pete is one of the best men I know. He is beyond dependable and one of the hardest working men around. They don't make them like him anymore! He's on the road today taking kids from their church back to Camp McCall up here in the Upstate. He is doing that to give the families a break. He also spent a few days at the camp last week with the younger lads (the younger campers up to 3rd grade) who didn't have a Dad to go with them to camp. Pete is a hero to more than just our family. Hope you had a great Father's Day. I wrote about my Dad a few weeks ago and what it's been like since he left us last year. I hope if you have your Dad still around you can call and tell him any day, not just Father's Day, how much you appreciate him.
Well, it's a day late but it's never too late!

See ya!

No comments: