Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Saturday, June 21, 2008

On the Road Again

We are out the door today for our annual summer trip to Lake Erie land. We are spending the week with Tricia's parents and sister. I will be working from Ohio (Ain't Life Grand?) and Tricia and the boys will be soaking up the family spirit. Keller and Shadow will be under the care of our great neighbors, Linda and Barry. Linda even lets Keller come inside and hang out with them and their 4 dogs. She says he loves to watch TV. I'm a little worried about all the partyin' he's gonna do while we are gone :-) Linda and Barry joined Tricia and I at The Handlebar for Chuck Prophet on Thursday night. He reminds me of a cross between Beck and Tom Petty. Great tunes and a fun time. I really enjoyed some of his tunes and liked what I heard on the rest. Slim crowd of about 100-150 but the energy was good and I think the band had a good time too. We treated Barry and Linda for taking care of the four-legged children while we are gone. Linda is even going to look after the plants. Good neighbors can't be beat. We haven't told Shadow about having to sleep outside all week, he tends to pout too much. I'm sure he will have an ear full for us when we get home next week.
Some of the fun things planned in Ohio include a game at Jacob's Field on Friday to watch the Indians take on the Cincinnati Reds for a little Ohio rivalry interleague action. I am looking forward to that and it will be just the adults going (Tricia's sister and husband, Tricia's brother and wife, and the 2 of us). Babysitters are one of God's finest inventions! Not that my boys need much of a "baby"sitter. Miles is growing up fast. Ask him about getting the fun opportunity to mow the lawn yesterday. He even had the gumption to say it was hard work! I told him in my day, we didn't have self-propelled mowers. He didn't exactly cut it clean but it was a huge step for him (and me). He still considers it fun so now's the time to make it happen and teach him the basic skills of mowing. Of course, Fire Marshall Bill was a little nervous watching her baby push a mower with an engine and blade. But, no toes or fingers lost!
Ok, it's time to get going. Pray we can afford the gas in the new minivan!

See ya!

No comments: