Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's Done

Well, after fighting the necessity of travel in the form of a bigger vehicle for over 2 years, we finally broke down and traded the Santa Fe for a...it's so hard to type this...but it was the right thing to do for our family...I think it drives great...I will ignore the slight drop in gas mileage and the slight uptick in car payment...MINIVAN. Yes, we have a long minivan.

The 2008 KIA Sedona. If you know Miles and Dylan, please don't tell them yet. It's going to be their surprise when they come home from my folks tomorrow. We are driving to Ohio on Saturday and I look forward to having the room to breath on those very long trips up and down I-77. It's been a big relief to Tricia to have that room. Just last weekend, we had to drive 2 cars to go eat ice cream with my sister and friend and then to get downtown we took 2 cars again. So, there will be gas savings...for someone. It's nice to have the stow and go seats on the 3rd row. Yes, a full-sized 3rd row that an adult human could comfortably sit. The seats stow into the floor, which almost makes this like an enclosed truck bed. Yes, that's a stretch but a great way for me to reconcile not getting a truck. Overall, I am happy that we finally cut our loss or however you want to look at it. We needed something bigger for the family and the long highway trips. I am receiving a new CD deck today that has USB port on the front and a HD radio receiver built-in. If ya gonna drive the minivan, you gotta have some tunes! I am doing the install thanks to how easy Crutchfield makes removal of the factory stereo and install of the new CD. WNCW broadcast in HD so that will be a big plus and put a smile in my ears.

Otherwise, it's been a quiet week without Miles and Dylan around. I've been busy with lots of work, 2 new contracts coming online in July. Tricia has been in an environmental education class for teachers all week. It's a 38 hour course that is free for teachers and she can trade the time for inservices next year. She is loving all the fun and is actually going to a landfill today for their field trip. She's brought home tons of free teaching materials and seems to be really enjoying the week in class. Last night we watched High Fidelty and we got such a kick out of it. She had never seen it and I had once but I had totally forgotten how funny Jack Black was in that role. The language was inappropriate for the most part but the story and cinematography is great. It's one of those movies we CANNOT watch with Miles and Dylan around the home.

Well, I am going to get started early today so I can work on my new CD deck in the van and we are going to eat and catch a free show (thanks WNCW) at the Handlebar with our neighbors across the street. It's Chuck Prophet. I have read interesting things, so I'm looking forward to it.

Long post, I know but I have been slackin' all week. Enjoy the cooler temps down South and stay cool!

See ya!

No comments: