Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Weekend Review

Great weekend even if the Tigers lost and it rained (a lot).

The neighborhood party was fun until the rain came. I hope we have the next one in the daytime because it sure was hard to see the food and everyone's face in the dark; but, again it was a fun time for the hood.

Saturday was just a hang out day watching football and some yard work with Tricia before the rain started again. We planted some grass and some flowers in the back. Then the rain really came down, really raining hard. I spent most of the day, after taking Miles to karate, on the couch watching and listening to football. Well, the Tigers fell short this week to Texas Christian. We had a chance, well... a few chances to win the game. It also really rained, did I mention that? The beaver dam is also backing up the water again by the trail.

Today, after a great worship at Freedom and a lunch at the Cici's in Spartanburg, I went out on Lake Robinson with a buddy from Freedom, David Faucette. It was an amazingly beautiful day on the lake. You could see the towers on Hogback Mountain and the sky was so clear and blue after all the rain. Dave was kind enough to take me to get my kayak before we headed out on the water. Dave is a VP at a local bank. His youngest daughter, in Nursing school at USC, was our babysitter before she went to USC. We had a blast on the water today and are planning many return trips soon. Now that the heat is going down, the water is the place to be. I even got to check out Billy Mays home on the lake too. It's empty and HUGE. Go figure. I plan to bring the camera the next time out on the lake. Our neighbors, Todd and Christine, have also invited me and Miles or Tricia to float down the Green River soon. That will be way cool. Love my boat :-)

The kayak is now hanging from the chains in the garage. Yet another great use of the shelves Charles Lamb and I put up in early 2008. We spent some time this afternoon trying to figure out how we would store the kayak. Couldn't put where Keller would be tempted to chew anything. Glad I had such a brilliant idea!

Watching some NFL on Sunday right now and getting ready for my short week at work. I am off to Nashville on Thursday.

Hey, did I mention the Breakfast with Dad that Dylan and I worked out last week? Usually, we go super early to school and stand in line for not-exactly the best breakfast in the land? Well, I had a great idea that went well with Dylan. He and I hit the McDonald's on Wade Hampton. We practically had the place to ourselves. It was the best breakfast with Dad so far! Nice to have his attention for a few minutes too.

Please pray for the people of the Philippines right now. They are suffering from a massive flood due to a Tropical Storm. We have great friends who have been missionaries for the last 20 years there. They have two kids at North Greenville right now too. Jill and Greg Harvell have been keeping us posted. Please pray for everyone's safety and the searching and rebuilding that must take place now. Here's their site: http://www.harvellsforhim.cjb.net/

God Bless and See ya!


No comments: