Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Go Tigers

Big game tonight on ESPN with GA Tech and Clemson going head to head. GT is ranked 14th, not sure what that means anymore :-) In fact, Clemson usually plays better when they are the underdogs. Miles and I are going over to Mark and Vonda Thorton's place along with Jason Collins and his son, Blake. Jason went to Africa with me last week. Vonda is his mom too. We are going to have a cookout and watch the game and hopefully give Mark's Dad (GT graduate) a whole lot of smack talk! Mark is also a part of our men's group on Friday mornings too.

It's been a busy week at work and I have a major project kickoff today at 1pm for a new contract in Georgia. I think I have at least responded to everything that was waiting on me. I guess I will find out later ;-)

We went to our first Lifegroup meeting yesterday at Donny and Shelly Kaufman's home. Donny is also the associate pastor at Freedom. He and Shelly have 3 boys and are awesome friends- the kind you can depend on for laughs and support. We are going to go through a book called "The Hole in our Gospel". It challenges you to actually do something with your faith and put your love in action, just as Christ did. So looking forward to getting down into that one with Tricia and the rest of the group. Lifegroup presents a fun challenge this year with Miles going to the youth group (LINC) at the same time. Dylan is staying with his buddy, Nick, while we are all gone. Nick's Mom saved the day by volunteering to let Dylan stay there on Wednesday nights! Good neighbors rock! Speaking of, we are having our 3rd annual neighborhood cookout next Friday and Jason and Rachel Hodges have a band coming to play and BBQ to eat. I'm looking forward to being able to walk to that party next week.

Well, gotta get ready for work. Hope your short week is going smoothly. I will try and post more on the weekend if I get the chance. Hope to watch Obama's healthcare speech on Sunday before heading up to Charlotte for the Derek Trucks Band show. I need about 30 hours in each day, could you use a little more too?

Go Tigers!

See ya!

No comments: