Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Monday, September 14, 2009

Awesome weekend

This past weekend was so great in many ways!

1. Friday night just hanging out with the family (and a trip to Costco).

2. Saturday: a new kayak. I could stop right there and it would be an awesome weekend.

3. Putting the kayak in Lake Lyman and going out twice on the water. Dylan and Miles got really excited about fishing on the lake too. I got 2 new light rod/reel combos all ready for next weekend.

4. Sunday: It just kept getting better with the praise band at Freedom opening the worship service with a tune that the Derek Trucks Band has covered on 2 albums: "I Wish I Knew How It Felt To Be Free". Wow! Goosebumps!

5. Then Cliff laid down some Old Testament on us that cut the skinny and pressure-washed the room. Good stuff brother!

6. Then Pizza Inn for lunch with the family. Dessert pizza is always tops in my book.

7. A Sunday afternoon nap.

8. Then Steven Somers and I head out to Charlotte last night and caught a great Derek Trucks Band show with Mofro opening. Yonrico (the drummer for Derek Trucks Band) had us on the guest list for 2 nice seats. I made a decent recording too. Pictures here.
Made it home around 1am (construction traffic on 85 slowed us about 30 minutes).

As I look back on it, what a weekend! I can't wait for another like that!

Bruce Springsteen with Cliff on Wednesday is making this week look pretty cool too! Ok, gotta get to work!

See ya!

And I wish I knew how
It would feel to be free
I wish that I could break
All the chains holding me
I wish I could say
All the things that Id like to say
Say em loud say em clear
For the whole round world to hear
I wish I could share
All the love thats in my heart
Remove every doubt
It keeps us apart
And I wish you could know
What it means to be me
Then youd see and agree
Every man should be free

I wish I could live

Like Im longin to live
I wish I could give
What Im longin to give
And I wish I could do
All the things Id like to do
You know theyll still miss part of you
Yes sir...
And Im way way over due

I wish I could be like a bird up in the sky
How sweet it would be
If I found out I could fly
So long to my song
And look down upon ihe sea
And I sing because I know
I would see you
I sing because I know
I would see you
And I sing because I know
I would see you
To be free yea

No comments: