Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Stuck in a Fog

Well, I predicted it and I hate that I did. No matter how hard we fought in the 1st half against Maryland today, we didn't bother showing up in the 2nd half. We never scored again and Maryland stung us with another disappointing loss. Tommy Bowden had that "I feel like crying but I ain't" look on his face. Because I saw it coming, it was as shocking. Still hate it but seems like we have been here before. On a positive note, Wake Forest is losing to Navy (yes, Navy) at half time 17-0. I will be watching that one closely.

This morning, I lead a group of 5 in our county wide clean-up. Luckily, the rain stopped but it was still humid and warm. We cleaned about a mile from the high school and made a difference in our walk. Next time, we plan to publicize more in church and pick a bigger area.

Dylan had a great soccer game, they won 2-1. Miles' team lost 12-6 but he had a great time according to Tricia. I took Dylan to his game after the clean-up was done. Talk about crazy Saturday mornings.

Last night, we took the boys to see the Irvin Mayfield and the New Orleans Jazz Orcheastra at the Peace Center. An awesome night of some real music (although they joked about not really being from New Orleans that folks from India were really playing the music in the background) from the soul of American music, New Orleans. Lots of long solos and jams. It was a great time for me and Miles. Tricia enjoyed it too but Dylan faded out around the 2nd tune. Regardless, it was a great opportunity for them to see music at the Peace Center and we had a great family night. Caught a little of the Presedential debate on the radio during the drive home and finished it on the tube once we got home. Hope you watched it too.

See ya!

No comments: