Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Breakfast With Dad at School

Today is off to a great start. It was "Breakfast with Dad" at Crestview. It starts at 0700am, so we started getting up early, at 0600 but Shadow thought we meant 0530, so he thought he would help by using his alarm voice. By the time I let him out and got back in bed, it was almost time to get up. Don't ya love it?

It was a great breakfast of grits, eggs, bacon and biscuit. Dylan said "This is just like a breakfast at Nana's house"! It was great to see all the Dads and their kids at the school, the line was very long. It was a little chilly this morning and the line moved fast enough. I got the chance to speak with the boy's teachers and principals. Crestview recently achieved improvement in their standards, something like the top 2% of elementary schools. Some of the teachers are actually going to Washington, D.C. to receive an award. Way to go Crestview! I know it makes all the families and teachers proud (we are in both groups :-) ). Well, if I can figure out why my garage door keeps opening, it will be a great day. I strongly suspect the brand new home down the street where the garage door is being installed. We may have to discuss a different channel for their remote...

This morning, I made a CD for my friend Cliff with some great gospel instrumental jazz and some Live Bruce Springsteen (he's a big fan). He's also the pastor at Freedom and a good friend. He and his wife, Sherry, are also going to be at the same Jazz concert we are attending this Friday with the boys. Irvin Mayfield at the Peace Center. Should be an awesome night and I am looking forward to that and the weekend with family.

I am leading a county wide trash pick-up with Freedom on Saturday morning while Tricia does the sports games. Hopefully, I will get a chance to help her with that and do the trash pick-up coordination too. It's Greenville County's "County Clean-up" on Saturday. I have to say the country roads and streets here are much, much, much cleaner than the Low Country and Midlands areas of South Carolina. There are parts of Sumter and Clarendon counties that are more littered than Third World countries. It's a shame too. Well, I gotta get off my soapbox and get back to work.

See ya!

No comments: