Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Home At Last

After 19 airplane trips since August 11th, I am finally home for awhile with no plane tickets pending. It was obvious to me that I needed to get home when I arrived in Charlotte last night from Columbus and I had no idea of where I was when I entered the terminal. I was at the end of reading The Shack and was engrossed in the book but I was very disoriented when I looked up from the book as I left the jetway. It's good to be home and not have Tricia feel like a single parent too. Between soccer, football, karate, piano, school and church she has been very busy and on the go with the boys. Our good friends, Ruth and Alan Waterfield, were very helpful during my trips and such a great source of support.

Now, back to The Shack. I will definitely have to get back into that one very soon. I was very much challenged by this book and look forward to discussing with my Friday morning men's group tomorrow. I recognized myself in Mack many times throughout the book. I need it plain and simple and I can be very hard headed too. My good friend and Pastor, Cliff Marshall, just finished The Shack too. I look forward to lunch at El Mariachi's soon to hear more about what he thinks about some of the ideas in the book. Tricia and I just started a new lifegroup with Freedom going through the book, Love and Respect. That promises to be a fun and challenging ride too! It doesn't look like the "neuter the man and enslave the woman" approach, so it should be helpful to us in many ways and I look forward to hanging with other couples at lifegroup each week

My Mom and sister Amy are coming up tomorrow for Grandparents' Day at Crestview. Dylan even made an invitation for my Mom. Ain't that sweet! I took note today how much he has grown taller in the last month. It's very noticeable. I think he's growing overnight, no complaints of growing pain yet, so it's all good!

This weekend, I plan to finish the zip line in the back yard and work on my Africa videos and webiste for the church there in Old Naledi. Just take it easy and enjoy the boy's games with the family. I have really missed church too over the last month. Even though I am on call this weekend, I will be all about some worship and praise come Sunday morning. Enjoy your weekend!

See ya!

No comments: