Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Randomly Tuesday

- When I was in Ohio last week, almost 2/3 of the traffic lights in the state were powerless thanks to Hurricane Ike. Really, the hurricane went right though Ohio and there were trees down every where in the Columbus region. Most of the schools were closed, even on Wednesday and the weather came through on Sunday. Weird weather? Global warming? Well, if there is a hurricane in Ohio, you might want to think about it.

- We forgot to call my step-Dad, Pete, on his birthday yesterday. I didn't forget it as I had reminded myself of it since last week thanks to Google calendar and Outlook. I just dropped the ball and forgot to get the boys to call him. It's the #1 priority today. Pete, we all Love you. You are one of the hardest working, gentle spirited men I have ever known. Thank you for your leadership of our family and for loving Mom. Folks, Pete can fix anything at any time. You rarely (like in hurricane in Ohio) hear him raise his voice or say something negative. I can't say enough about how much I respect him and wish him nothing but the best. Happy Birthday (sorta belated) Pete!

- I have the web site up for Old Naledi Fellowship in Gaborone, Botswana. More coming very soon as I make time to add content. I am still working to find time for my videos from the trip too.
Old Naledi Fellowship

- Miles left his Fuse mp3 player in his pants and Dad washed the shorts. Guess what doesn't work any more? He took it in stride and has his minidisc player as a back-up. Dylan said he can't have his mp3 player. Lesson learned all around, including me. I am forever telling Tricia to check pockets before washing. Guilty as charged...

- Clemson won handily on Saturday against a poorly matched South Carolina State Bulldog team. The real season starts this weekend with Maryland. We have 5 tough conference games in a row: Maryland, Ga Tech, Wake Forest (the game of the year in my call), Florida State, Boston College. What we do these 5 weeks will make the season. Go Tigers!

- My friend, Stan, the zip line expert (he has 2) is going to help me with mine this Sunday. The boys are also going to do some wall climbing on Sunday with the church group, should be fun.

- I am excited about taking the boys and Tricia to see Irvin Mayfield and his New Orleans Orchestra at the Peace Center this Friday. This is a great opportunity to show the boys real music and the venue is one of my favorites. We are planning to let Dylan bring his Ninetendo DS, just in case :-)

- I think Keller may have injuried his tail this morning practicing with the frisbee. He went down hard on it and yelped very loudly. He looked back to see what "got him". Poor little fella has his tail tucked right now. I may have to sleep him an aspirin or motrin.

Time to get to work. Have a great day and don't forget to tell the ones you Love that you LOVE them. There is a tomorrow if it happens today!

See ya!


No comments: