Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Saturday, Spring Break is over

A rainy Saturday morning. It's the end of Spring Break for Tricia and the boys. Mine is in 1 week! Yeehaw.

What's going on today?

>> I'm on call, so not much planned away from home. I think my first softball practice might be postponed due to the rain that is gonna hang around.

>>We are planting some trees in the yard today, the rain is welcome. We have a lot to do in the yard but it will be in phases over a long period of time as we settle in. Priority is for trees, seeding the backyard, some annuals in the front. etc.
Later down the line (read: "maybe next year") The rose bed (Abraham Darby will be the rose of choice, the smell forever reminding me of British Columbia's Butchart Gardens). A perimeter of leyland cypress trees in the back yard and working on the flower beds in the backyard around the deck. We have plenty of time (and no money) so it will be planned accordingly.

>>It's good to have the boys back home. They had a blast playing at my parents on the farm. My sister, Amy, was on spring break from school too and tried to keep up :-) She graduates with her ADN in Nursing in May and we couldn't be prouder! I will be at her pinning ceremony in Sumter and a BIG pig pickin' is planned that weekend as well.
The house was so quiet without Miles and Dylan around. Shadow was just starting to get the feel of the quiet house. He's hiding in our room this morning. Keller hasn't seen the boys yet but will be ready to play (with anyone).

>>Tricia and I had a great week hanging out this week. She caught up on some school work and we had some friends over for dinner on Thursday (Brooke and Todd from Freedom Fellowship). We went for a walk on the trail almost every day around lunch time with Keller leading the way. It's important to catch up and slow down at the same time.

>>A few changes in the Wanee announced since my last post. As I hoped, the Friday night set for Govt Mule has been extended. They will close Friday night with a full 2 1/2 hour set. Big smile on my face thinking about that one. Then on Saturday night after Bob Weir does the greatest hits of the Dead, we will get the Wanee Family Jam on the small stage before Susan and Derek close the festival at midnight Saturday. It's the best of the situation and I'm ready!

>>We go to Camp Greenville in 1 week. I will be the camp nurse and a chaperone. It's an environmental science camp up in the SC mountains. Miles and I have looked forward to this trip since the beginning of school. It's time for camp!

Well, time for more coffee and some breakfast. Hope you have a great weekend!

See ya!

No comments: